The Child protection workforce strategy 2017-2020 recognizes the difficulties that can be encountered by child protection practitioners and the vital role practitioners play in working with children and families.
In recognition of the fact that a strong workforce must be supported in order to protect children, Victorian Government focused on five major priorities:
- attracting and recruiting the best people;
- building a professional identity for the workforce that recognizes child protection as a valued; profession of the highest integrity and competence;
- growing and developing our people;
- engaging and retaining our people;
- the wellbeing of our workforce – our goal is to ensure immediate and responsive mental health; support and to develop innovative approaches to the health, safety and wellbeing of our workforce.
The three-year strategy aims to deliver these outcomes.