Report on the Working Conditions of the Early Years Education and Care Sector 2017 primarily focuses on the poor working conditions and below average pay scales of all those working in the early years sector in Ireland. Diving into several issues impacting services across all provinces, in both rural and urban areas, the report includes sections on:
- policy related issues for consideration;
- working conditions in the early childhood sector;
- areas of concern as views by early years professionals;
- progressive early years investment in other EU countries; and
- recommendations from the joint committee on children and youth affairs.
The report concludes that the lack of recognition for this profession, as well as a lack of investment and high staff turnover rate cause serious sustainability issues for early years services in Ireland.